Heart Warming Red Lentil Soup ✨
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 celery sticks, chopped
- 3 carrots chopped
- half kohlrabi
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- pinch salt
- pinch pepper
- 6-7 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups red lentils
- 1 large can diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- a handful coriander
- 1-2 tbsp. fresh lemon or lime juice
- Heat 1 tsp. olive oil over medium heat in a large saucepan.
- Add the onion and let cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, celery, carrot, and kohlrabi. Cook until soft and lightly browned.
- Add the cumin, turmeric, ground ginger, paprika and salt, pepper and stir until fragrant.
- Add the vegetable broth, lentils, and canned tomatoes and bring it to simmer.
- Cover and cook for 25 minutes and cook until lentils are tender.
- Stir in the herbs and lemon or lime juice.
- Serve with whole grain toast.