Gluten and Diary free Millet Apple Cake
This is one of my all-time favorites. It can be tricky sometimes to bake a cake with an amazing texture without sugar, gluten, and dairy.
The following recipe is just fantastic. I highly recommend to try out because I want to share with you guys my joy :).
Prepare for 30 mins and let the oven do the rest.
2 Tbsp agave syrup (or sweetener of choice)
- 5 Tbsp coconut oil
- lemon 1 zest
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 7 Tbsp erythritol
- 3 Tbsp coconut powder
- 2 apples 1 for decoration
- 1 orange
- In a small pot boil water with the grated lemon zest and 1 tsp cinnamon.
- Simmer for 30 mins until the millet is fully cooked.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the following ingredients to obtain a light foamy mix.
2 tbs water
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
5 tbsp coconut oil
7 tbsp erythritol
4. Add the coconut flour and the millet mix.
5. Slice one apple and add to the batter.
6. Play with the top as you like then bake it for 50-60 mins in 175 Celsius.